2019 was a great year for all things food, and that includes some amazing cookbooks that we stocked our shelves with. Flip through these books to see beautiful pictures that will have your stomach growling, and get ready to want to cook everything in sight!
We also highly recommend downloading the Food Monster App — with over 15,000 delicious recipes it is the largest meatless, vegan, plant-based and allergy-friendly recipe resource to help you get healthy!
We gathered some recipes selections from these fantastic cookbooks to get you started. Check them out!
1. Vegan Mac and Cheese, Robin Robertson
Source: Vegan Mac and Cheese
Who says vegans can’t have macaroni and cheese? In this inspiring volume by best-selling vegan author Robin Robertson, you will find more than 50 awesome plant-based recipes for deeply flavorful dishes that take this timeless comfort food in exciting new directions. Like most people, chances are you’ve eaten a lot of macaroni and cheese in your life. If you’re new to a plant-based diet, you might be wondering if you can still enjoy this comforting meal. You’ll be happy to know the answer is “Yes!” Robin shows you how to make what she calls Mac Uncheese—rich, delectable pasta dishes featuring vegan cheese sauces that start with plant milks, vegetables, and nuts as their base ingredients.
2. Epic Vegan by Dustin Harder
Source: Epic Vegan
Epic Vegan offers a step-by-step guide to creating timeless comfort foods that are over-the-top delicious, and always plant based. Think classic and nostalgic, yet messy, juicy, and Instagram-worthy at the same time. Are you into playing with your food? Epic Vegan does just that, encouraging home cooks to think outside of the box.
- Everything Buffalo Cauliflower Bites
- Wonton Bowls with Garlic-Fried Quinoa
- Garlicky Cheddar Biscuits With Sausage Gravy
- Pad Thai Cupcakes
- Blue Cheese Dressing
3. 30-Minute Vegan Dinners
Source: 30 Minute Vegan Dinner
This brilliant cookbook reveals the secrets to cooking dinners that you crave― the kind that comfort, nourish and inspire you, without a ton of work. With every recipe clocking in under 30 minutes (prep included!), anyone can enjoy incredible plant-based meals every night of the week. Megan Sadd has your back with smart tips for cooking efficiently, and a recipe for every mood you may find yourself in. Many of these amazing meals are gluten-free to boot, helping you maximize healthy eating in as little time as possible.
- Chicken-Fried Tofu With Orange-Scented Sweet Potatoes
- Cornmeal-Crusted Oyster Mushroom Po’ Boys
- Tikka Masala Tacos
- Creamy New England Chowder
- Tofu Pad See Ew
4. Anti-Inflammatory Drinks For Health, Maryea Flaherty
100 delicious drink recipes packed with nutrients scientifically proven to reduce inflammation—perfect for both enthusiasts of natural health and those new to its benefits. Chronic inflammation is a major health risk. Studies have shown it wreaks havoc on your body and contributes to heart disease, diabetes, Alzheimer’s—and even cancer. And diet— specifically one high in processed, fatty, and sugary foods—is one of the main causes of chronic inflammation. But preventing and/or reducing inflammation can be easy as making a delicious drink—let this book show you how!
- Blueberry Lemonade
- Muscle Cramp Relief Tonic
- Raspberry Lemon Tart Smoothie
- Turmeric Smoothie
- Cherry Soda
- Celery Sunshine
- Berry Beauty Tonic
5. Vegan Holiday Cooking by Kirsten Kaminski
Source: Vegan Holiday Cooking
With no shortage of flavorful and home-cooked dishes, Christmas, Easter, and Thanksgiving are the best part of the year for food blogger Kirsten Kaminski of The Tasty K – and going vegan hasn’t changed that aspect of the holidays for her or her non-vegan friends and family. After much experimentation, Kaminski has come up with 60 original vegan recipes and creative spin-offs of classic holiday meals that she shares in VEGAN HOLIDAY COOKING, ensuring that vegans and non-vegans alike will be able to share and enjoy the most delicious part of holidays with a mix of new and classic flavors.
- Root Vegetable Tart with Candied Nuts
- Chocolate Yule Log
- Marzipan Challah
- Poached Pear Chai Bread
- Hazelnut Christmas Tree
6.The Meatless Monday Family Cookbook, Jenn Sebestyen
The Meatless Monday Family Cookbook features more than 100 delicious, plant-based, kid-approved recipes perfect for busy weeknights, or whenever you feel like trying out a meat-free meal. From filling Lentil Bolognese with Spaghetti to Tex-Mex Stuffed Peppers and Smoky BBQ Burgers, these meals will satisfy even the pickiest of palates. And most can be made in 30 minutes or less!
- Fried Rice Bowls with Baked Tofu
- Broccoli, Green Bean, and Tofu Stir-fry
- Skillet Chickpea Chilaquiles
- Tortillas Enchilada Casserole
- Vegan Scampi in Lemon Garlic White Wine Sauce
- Garlicky White Bean Avocado Toast with BBQ Drizzle
- Sloppy BBQ Chickpea Sandwiches
7. Bake Vegan Stuff, Easy Recipes For Kids (And Adults, Too!), Sara Kidd
This little gem has loads of recipes that are beyond easy and taste better than Grandma’s apple pie. Whether you’re baking for a birthday, work day or just an ‘I want to eat vegan cake in bed day,’ these easy vegan recipes will have you baking in no time.
- Cinnamon Loaf
- Ginger Walnut Slice
- Butter Cookie Pops
- Coconut Lime Bars
- Apple Glaze Cake
- Monster Mello Cookies
- Chocolate Mud Pies
- Spooky Spider Crackle Cake
8. Clean Desserts, Karielyn Tillman
Source: Clean Desserts
Featuring vegan, gluten-free, and no-refined sugar recipes (that are simple and easy to make), Clean Desserts uses real food ingredients like nuts, seeds, nut butters, and dates to whip up guilt-free cookies, bars, balls, and classic candy bars, as well as no-bake cheesecakes, tarts, and ice cream! Complete with photographs, Clean Desserts will change the way you feel about dessert!
- Peanut Butter Tag-A-Longs
- Almond Joy Bars
- Pistachio Avocado Ice Cream
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheesecake
- Pecan Turtle Caramel Thumbprint Cookies
9. Incredible Vegan Ice Cream, Deena Jalal
Source: Incredible Vegan Ice Cream
Made with a versatile, extra creamy coconut milk base, these vegan, allergy-friendly recipes are totally free of additives and preservatives. Thanks to honest ingredients like seasonal fruit and veggies, real vanilla bean, freshly ground spices, and homemade chocolate sauce, you can enjoy each melty spoonful to the fullest. Even with this super healthy profile, every recipe delivers mind-blowing flavor and an irresistibly smooth, thick texture. From Pumpkin Caramel to Cold Brew, your ice cream machine will be busy all year long. We dare you not to try them all!
- Salted Honeycomb
- Thai Chili Peanut Ice Cream
- Golden Milk Ice Cream
- Cold Brew Ice Cream
- Cardamom Pistachio Ice Cream
10. What the Health, Kip Andersen and Keegan Kuhn with Eunice Wong
Source: What the Health
The definitive, stand-alone companion book to the acclaimed documentary—now with 50 plant-based recipes and full-color photos to help you start changing your health for the better. Journey with Andersen and Kuhn as they crisscross the country, talking to doctors, dietitians, public health advocates, whistle-blowers, and world-class athletes, to uncover the truth behind the food we eat. With the help of writer Eunice Wong, they empower eaters with knowledge about the lethal entwining of the food, medical, and pharmaceutical industries, and about the corporate web that confuses the public and keeps Americans chronically—and profitably—ill.
- Zucchini Date Muffins
- Chocolate Date Steel Cut Oats
- Sushi Bowl
- Broccoli-Stuffed Baked Sweet Potato With Cashew Cream Chive Sauce
- Pesto White Bean Bruschetta
11. The Plantiful Plate, Christine Wong
Source: The Plantiful Plate
Yum + Ommm = Yommme! Christine Wong, creator of yommme.com, has made it her mission to help others discover how delicious mindful eating can be. In The Plantiful Plate, she shows how easy it is to prepare hearty, satisfying vegan (and gluten-free) dishes bursting with color and flavor. With a mix-and-match approach, these recipes offer maximum flexibility to account for individual tastes, diets, allergies, and perhaps most importantly, what happens to be in your kitchen that day.
- How to Make Onigiri
- Curry Lime Trail Mix and Custom Trail Mix Combos!
- How To Make Super Smoothies
- How to Make Shortcakes Like This Raspberry Shortcake With Whipped Cream!
- New Year’s Dumplings
- Sweet Potato and Salted Caramel French Toast
12. One-Hour Dairy-Free Cheese, Claudia Lucero
Source: One-Hour Dairy-Free Cheese
In ingenious, step-by-step recipes, traditional cheesemaker Claudia Lucero shows how to make 25 delicious plant-based cheeses using your choice of seeds, nuts, and vegetables to achieve rich flavor and creamy texture. There’s buttery Golden Swiss made with cauliflower and tahini paste—and a Brie made of cashews (or zucchini and potatoes), with a bit of truffle oil to capture its earthy essence. One-Hour Dairy-Free Cheese also shows how to make spreadable cream cheese, grated Parmesan, a smoky Cheddar, and even gooey cheese sauces.
- Creamy Mac Sauce (and Tex-Mex K-So)
- Roasted Chai-Spiced Pears
- Fresh Ricotta
- Fried Green Tomato Melts
- Mozzarella Caprese
13. Incredible Plant-Based Desserts, Anthea Cheng
Source: Incredible Plant-Based Desserts
Whether you are an eager home cook or a more experienced chef, Anthea shows you that sponge cakes can still be fluffy and moist and pastry can still melt in your mouth without animal-derived ingredients. Find playful, modern spins on classic desserts, such as fail-safe tiramisu trifles topped with caramelized popcorn or Snickers transformed into a multi-layered cake with peanut brittle. For when life gets busy, simplify with recipes like three-ingredient pancakes and fruit-filled muffins. If you want something indulgent, the Homer Simpson pink donuts, baklava custard tart, and chocolate brownie peanut butter sandwich cookies are for you. You’ll also find wholesome choices like a berry chocolate mousse tart and cupcakes with rainbow cashew buttercream.
- Easy Banana and Passionfruit Bread
- Chocolate Fudgsicles
- Baklava Custard Tart
- Apple and Blueberry Pie Baked Oats
- Super-Seedy Muesli Bars
- Caramel Slice
- Wholesome Wagon Wheels
14. Kinda Vegan, Adams Media
Source: Kinda Vegan
In this fearless guide to the seemingly complex world of no-meat, no-eggs, no-dairy, you will discover how to go vegan without feeling any pressure whatsoever. You can have your cake and eat it too. And your sweet ice cream. And your delicious cheesy flavor. All you need are some conscious shopper skills and the quick, go-to information found in this book, including a guide to the essential foods to have in your pantry.
- White Bean and Orzo Minestrone
- Braised Tofu and Veggie Cacciatore
- Spanish Artichoke and Zucchini Paella
- No Shepherd, No Sheep Pie
- Garlic Miso and Onion Soup
- Chili Masala Tofu Scramble
- Baked Zucchini Fries
15. Great Vegan Meals for the Carnivorous Family, Amanda Logan
For die-hard vegans and vegetarians, Amanda takes the flavor up a notch with recipes like Savory French Toast, Vegan Latkes, Easy-Peasy No-Sausage Rolls and Dang Tasty Mexican Black Beans. Devoted carnivores won’t miss meat with dishes like This Lasagna Can’t Be Vegan, Portobello Fajitas and Husband-Approved Tofu Katsu Burger. And to round out the whole family, kids will be begging for more after trying Dairy-Free Stovetop Mac ‘N’ Cheese, Vegan Chili Fries and Chocolate Lover’s Black Bean Brownies.
- Tahini Popsicles
- Mind-Blowing Watermelon Sushi
- Buckwheat Breakfast Bowl
- Toasted Oatmeal Breakfast Nice Cream
- Scrambled Tofu Migas
And because we couldn’t choose just 15… Here are more bonus cookbooks that we featured:
- Let Me Feed You, Rosie Daykin
- The Adventurous Eaters Club by Misha and Vicky Collins
- Umami Bomb, Raquel Pelzel
- Eat More Plants, Molly Krebs
- Clean Snacks, Arman Liew
- Eat Like You Give A Fork by Mareya Ibrahim
- The 25 Day Ayurveda Cleanse, by Kerry Harling
- Gluten-Free Grains, Quelcy Kogel
- Magnesium Everyday Secrets, Gretchen Lidicker
- Plant Power Bowls, Sapana Chandra
- Let Me Feed You, Rosie Daykin
- The Living Kitchen, Tamara Green and Sarah Grossman
- Spice Spice Baby, Kanchan Koya PhD
- Healthy Gut, Flat Stomach Drinks; Danielle Capalino
- Super Powders, Katrine van Wyk
- Clean Enough: Get Back to Basics and Leave Room for Dessert, Katzie Guy-Hamilton
Want to know what cookbooks we featured last year? Check that out here!
Learn How to Cook Plant-Based Meals at Home!
Reducing your meat intake and eating more plant-based foods is known to help with chronic inflammation, heart health, mental wellbeing, fitness goals, nutritional needs, allergies, gut health and more! Dairy consumption also has been linked many health problems, including acne, hormonal imbalance, cancer, prostate cancer and has many side effects. Learn about some Common Health Concerns That May Disappear Once You Ditch Dairy and 10 Calcium Supplements For Healthy Living on a Dairy-Free and 10 Carrageenan-Free Non-Dairy Products!
For those of you interested in eating more plant-based, we highly recommend downloading the Food Monster App — with over 15,000 delicious recipes it is the largest meatless, plant-based, vegan and allergy-friendly recipe resource to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy! And, while you are at it, we encourage you to also learn about the environmental and health benefits of a plant-based diet.
Here are some great resources to get you started:
- Weekly Vegan Meal Plans
- Plant-Based Health Resources
- Plant-Based Food & Recipes
- Plant-Based Nutrition Resources
- The Ultimate Guide to Plant-Based Nutrition
- Budget-Friendly Plant-Based Recipes
- High Protein Plant-Based Recipes
- Plant-Based Meal Prep
For more Animal, Earth, Life, Vegan Food, Health, and Recipe content published daily, subscribe to the One Green Planet Newsletter! Lastly, being publicly-funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!