Pesto and bruschetta collide in this dish to make the perfect appetizer or snack! This recipe is very simple and quick to make, and is sure to satisfy your cravings!
Pesto White Bean Bruschetta [Vegan]
For the Pesto:
- 1/2 cup chopped zucchini
- 1 handful fresh basil leaves
- 1 clove garlic, minced, or 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
For the Bruschetta:
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup finely diced Roma tomatoes
- 1/2 cup cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Whole grain bread of choice
- To make the pesto, combine all the pesto ingredients in a blender or food processor and blend well.
- To make the bruschetta, in a medium bowl, combine the tomatoes, beans, salt, and pepper and toss to blend.
- Spread the pesto on the bread and top with the tomato and bean mixture.
- Serve, and enjoy!