One of my fave ways to make my cheeze, and eat it too, is the following recipe. It uses a technique I learned while training as raw food un-cook, and I make it almost weekly these days. I have actually snuck this awesome spread onto a platter alongside brie, goat, and blue cheese, with no one the wiser that my contribution was in fact of the plant-based variety! So why not give it a go, and see if you and your loved ones can't taste the difference!
Gourmet Cheese [Vegan]
What Ingredients Do You Need To Make Gourmet Cheese [Vegan]
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/4 raw Kombucha tea
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons fresh herbs of choice
How To Make Gourmet Cheese [Vegan]
- In high-speed blender or food processor, add all ingredients and process until a smooth, ricotta-cheese like consistency is reached.
- Using a spatula, scoop mixture into a strainer bag/nut milk bag and tighten bag around the cheese, forming a solid ball.
- Place the ball & bag into a bowl, and drizzle a little more Kombucha over top.
- Cover with a towel and leave on the counter overnight, and up to 3 days to "ripen".
- Check cheese often to test flavor and ferment. Once you're happy with the flavor, it's ready.
Store in the fridge up to 1 week.
- All Vegan Cheese
- Cashew Cheese
- Cheesy Recipes
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Total Calories: 768 | Total Carbs: 50 g | Total Fat: 56 g | Total Protein: 28 g | Total Sodium: 66 mg | Total Sugar: 9 g Note: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Hidden for desktop / visible for mobile
Now that I posted a comment the box went away :/ :/
I can\’t see the recipe it\’s a big black box that\’s blocking it :/