Did you know hummus just happens to be heaven on some cucumber? This is my signature dish. :) Everyone loves it! If I were to bring something to a potluck/barbie, my friends would just be like ‘We need the cucumber canapes.' Best appetizers EVER.
Cucumber Hummus Canapé [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 Lebanese cucumber (sliced as 10 sections)
- 1/2 cup hummus
- Raisins-around 20 (2 per slice)
- 10 almond flakes
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- Ground Chili/Cayenne Pepper/Paprika-for sprinkling over the top
- In a small pan, melt coconut oil, throw raisins in, wait for them to puff up and transfer to a plate
- Turn off heat and add almond flakes, they usually get toasted in the heat
- Fill a piping bag with hummus.
- Pick a slice of cucumber, pipe some hummus and add 2 raisins & 1 almond flake
- Sprinkle some paprika and serve.