A delicious soup with a few unique ingredients but very simple to make.
African Peanut Soup [Vegan]
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1/4 red onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1 small zucchini, chopped
- A small handful of peanuts
- 2 T tomato paste
- 2 t powdered ginger
- 3-4 T peanut butter
- 1 T nama shoyu
- A few dashes sriracha (optional)
- 1/4 cup quinoa, cooked
- 1/4 cup sprouted mung beans, cooked
- Sautee the garlic, onion and carrots in a small pot with maybe a couple tablespoons of olive oil for about 5 minutes.
- Add the zucchini and cook for a few more minutes.
- Once they soften, add the tomato paste and ginger powder and mix well. Allow this to cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add the broth and bring to a light boil. Let it all cook together for about 5 more minutes.
- Add the peanuts and peanut butter. Stir continuously as it thickens. Cook like this for about 5 minutes.
- Add the nama shoyu and sriracha and stir until incorporated
- Follow the instructions for your chosen grain and then place the cooked product in a bowl.
- Pour the soup over and enjoy!