This quick curry is simply delicious, super easy and inexpensive to make, plus leftovers can be reheated for up to three days. Actually, I find it tastes better once set in the fridge overnight and all the flavors are absorbed into the dish. You can hide as many veggies and legumes as you like, depending on what satisfies you best.
Red Lentil Curry With Black Tahini and Roasted Cashews [Vegan]
- 7 ounces red lentils
- 9 ounces cubed pumpkin
- 7 ounces chickpeas cooked
- 2 large onion
- 1 large carrot
- 1 red apple
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp curry powder
- 2 tbsp curry paste
- 4 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp grated fresh ginger
- 2 cups of water (or vegetable broth)
- 2 tbsp of coconut oil
- 4 tbsp black tahini
- 4 tbsp desiccated coconut
- 1 handful of roasted cashews
- Wash lentils thoroughly and soak for 15 minutes.
- Heat the coconut oil in a large pan, add the onion and cook until softened.
- Add the curry paste, curry powder, ginger, and garlic and cook, stirring frequently.
- Add the carrots, pumpkin, lentils, chickpeas, apple, and broth, bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer, stirring occasionally, until everything is cooked tender.
- Serve with steamed potatoes, sprinkle with tahini, coconut, and roasted cashews.
- Lentil Curry
- Red Lentil
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Total Calories: 1683 | Total Carbs: 249 g | Total Fat: 73 g | Total Protein: 72 g | Total Sodium: 268 g | Total Sugar: 68 g Note: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Hidden for desktop / visible for mobile