I have seen a few recipes for fried avocado pop up on the Internet. What's not to love about that? I really don't eat a ton of fried food, but this sounded too good not to try. Since it was just me for dinner tonight, I figured I would give it a go and see how it turned out. One word... awesome!
Beer Battered Avocado Tacos [Vegan]
- 1 avocado
- 1/2 cup lager (I used a light lager)
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon sriracha
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Taco shells
- Lime juice
- Oil for frying
- Heat the oil over high heat in a pot; be sure you make it deep enough to submerge the avocado.
- While the oil is heating, mix into a large bowl the lager, flour, paprika, sriracha, and salt until a thick batter is formed. Halve the avocado, remove the pit, and score into slices. Carefully remove the skin. Dip the avocado slices into the batter and then place them in the hot oil.
- Fry until golden brown on both sides; a few minutes. Remove and drain on paper towels.
- Add the avocado and whatever other toppings you like to your taco shells (I used kale, tomatoes, red onion, and a little vegan sour cream).
- Drizzle with lime juice and serve.