Fried avocado tacos? Oh yeah. These are too good not to try. Avocado is dipped in a thick batter with paprika and Sriracha, then placed in hot oil to get crispy. Put it in a taco shell with your favorite toppings and voila! You have a delicious dinner that will please everyone!. It has the perfect ratio of crunchy to soft and the most delicious flavor combo––what more could you want. These fried avocado tacos are awesome!
Beer Battered Avocado Tacos [Vegan]
- 1 avocado
- 1/2 cup lager (I used a light lager)
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon sriracha
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Taco shells
- Lime juice
- Oil for frying
- Heat the oil over high heat in a pot; be sure you make it deep enough to submerge the avocado.
- While the oil is heating, mix into a large bowl the lager, flour, paprika, sriracha, and salt until a thick batter is formed. Halve the avocado, remove the pit, and score into slices. Carefully remove the skin. Dip the avocado slices into the batter and then place them in the hot oil.
- Fry until golden brown on both sides; a few minutes. Remove and drain on paper towels.
- Add the avocado and whatever other toppings you like to your taco shells (I used kale, tomatoes, red onion, and a little vegan sour cream).
- Drizzle with lime juice and serve.