The perfect sweet treat to share with your friends over a cup of tea or coffee, to indulge in for a breakfast in bed kind of day, and by far my favorite cake of all time! The peanut butter gives this classic recipe a sweet and buttery flavor that everyone loves.
Peanut Butter Chocolate Marble Cake [Vegan]
- 1 + 2/3 cups plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2/3 cup sugar (brown or white, doesn't matter)
- A pinch of salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup + 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 cup soy milk
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp natural crunchy peanut butter
- Pre-heat the oven to 350ºF. Line a standard loaf tin with baking parchment.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the first 4 ingredients.
- If you haven't melted the coconut oil yet, do so now (either in the microwave oven for about half a minute or in a double-broiler). Whisk the oil, milk and vanilla extract together in a bowl or cup, then fold into the dry ingredients.
- Pour half of the batter into a separate bowl. In one bowl, fold in the 2 tbsp of cocoa powder; in the other, mix in the peanut butter.
- Now pour half of the peanut butter batter at the bottom of the lined tin. Spread out with a spatula, then do the same with the chocolate batter. Repeat with the remainder of the PB batter, and finish with the rest of the chocolate batter.
- Bake in the oven for 50-60 minutes. Insert a skewer; if it comes out clean, the cake is ready.
- Leave on a wire rack to cool COMPLETELY before removing from the tin and slicing.
If you like your cakes extra peanut buttery, add up to 3 tbsp peanut butter.