These cookies are dense, chewy, and delightfully lemony. Made with just cashew butter, lemon, and a bit of vanilla, you can have these from oven to table in just 20 minutes. And amazingly enough, the gorgeous whipped cream gets its vibrant color 100 percent from blueberries!
Flourless Lemon Cookies With Blueberry Whipped Cream [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
Ingredients You Need for Flourless Lemon Cookies With Blueberry Whipped Cream [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Cookies:
- 1 heaping cup cashew butter
- Juice from 1 lemon
- Zest from 1 lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- A pinch of salt
For the Whipped Cream:
- 1 package freeze-dried blueberries
- 1 15-ounce can full-fat coconut milk, chilled overnight
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Fresh blueberries, for garnish
How to Prepare Flourless Lemon Cookies With Blueberry Whipped Cream [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
To Make the Cookies:
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Add all ingredients to your food processor and blend well.
- Scoop onto a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Flatten with a spatula.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until set.
- Let cool completely before removing and frosting.
To Make the Whipped Cream:
- Refrigerate a can of coconut milk overnight and the next day scoop out the solid coconut cream into a mixing bowl.
- Blend the package of freeze-dried blueberries in a small blender until it forms a fine powder.
- Add the blueberry powder, vanilla, and maple syrup to your bowl and whip the cream until fluffy and stiff peaks form.
- Taste and adjust for sweetness.
- Scoop the whipped cream into a gallon-size plastic bag and snip off the tip to pipe the cream onto each cookie.
- Garnish each cookie with blueberries and serve.
The flourless lemon cookie recipe is adapted from My Wholefood Life. Whipped cream recipe adapted from Spoonful of Flavor.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.