Tired of buying tofu-based cream cheese substitutes? Try making your very own cream cheese for optimal bagel enjoyment. The coconut adds a mildly sweet, nutty flavor to the cashew base.
Cashew Coconut Cream Cheese [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Cashew Coconut Cream Cheese [Vegan]
- 1 cup cashews, soaked overnight, rinsed, and drained
- 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut flakes, soaked for around 15 minutes, drained
- 1 tablespoon sweet white miso
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon agave nectar
- Pinch salt
How to Prepare Cashew Coconut Cream Cheese [Vegan]
- Add all ingredients to the bowl of a food processor and process until very smooth. You’ll need to stop the machine and scrape the sides every few minutes. This will get smooth– it just takes time and patience.
- Line a mini-loaf pan or another small/shallow dish with a couple of layers of cheesecloth. Scrape the cheese into the dish, pressing down so that the cheese gets into the corners. Press down the cheesecloth over the top, place in the refrigerator and place something heavy on top of the cheese/cheesecloth.
- Let the cheese rest in the fridge for over 24 hours.
- Carefully remove the cheese from the pan. Take off the cheesecloth.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Total Calories: 691 | Total Carbs: 45 g | Total Fat: 50 g | Total Protein: 22 g | Total Sodium: 888 g | Total Sugar: 12 gNote: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.