This Moroccan tofu in a lemon-olive sauce over spaghetti is a beautiful dish for spring. It’s colorful, it’s light (this is low in calories), and it’s decadent. Enjoy!
Moroccan Tofu in Lemon-Olive Sauce Over Spaghetti [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
Ingredients You Need for Moroccan Tofu in Lemon-Olive Sauce Over Spaghetti [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 lb. brown rice spaghetti
- 1 block extra-firm tofu, pressed and drained
- ¼ cup chickpea flour
- ½ tsp. Kosher salt
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. dried thyme
- 2 Tbs. extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 lemons
- 2 fresh bay leaves
- 2 tsp. turmeric
- 2 tsp. ground cumin
- 2 tsp. ground coriander
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 3 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- ½ cup pitted green olives
- 2 Tbs. fresh parsley, chopped
How to Prepare Moroccan Tofu in Lemon-Olive Sauce Over Spaghetti [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook the spaghetti according to the package directions until al dente.
- Cut the tofu into bite-sized chunks or slices. In a shallow bowl, combine the flour, salt, pepper, garlic powder and thyme. Add the tofu to the flour mix and toss to coat.
- Heat 1 Tbs. of the oil in a large skillet or saute pan over medium-high heat. Shake off any excess flour and cook the tofu until browned on all sides, about thre minutes each side.
- Add the onions and garlic to the pan and stir to mix with the tofu. Cut one of the lemons into slices and add them, along with the bay leaves, to the pan. Add the spices, vegetable stock and olives to the pan. Stir often while letting the liquid reduce by half. You want to have enough sauce to cover the pasta. If you need more sauce, add more broth.
- When the sauce has reduced and thickened, turn off the heat. Remove the bay leaves and cinnamon stick. Add the juice of the second lemon and stir in the parsley.
- Divide the spaghetti into serving bowls. Top with the tofu and sauce. Make sure everyone gets some lemon slices from the sauce in their bowl.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Total Calories: 2,486 | Total Carbs: 388 g | Total Fat: g | Total Protein: g | Total Sodium: mg | Total Sugar: gNote: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.