Yes, a dehydrator is needed to make these incredible crackers and soaking time for the seeds is involved, but oh it's so worth it!! I make a good size batch so I don’t have to do it often – yet they are yummy and go fast!!
Raw Pumpkin Seed Crackers With Spinach [Vegan, Raw, Gluten-Free]
Ingredients You Need for Raw Pumpkin Seed Crackers With Spinach [Vegan, Raw, Gluten-Free]
- 2 cups sunflower seeds
- 1 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1 cup ground flax seeds
- 1/2 package spinach (I usually get my organic spinach in the plastic containers) or you can use kale
- 4 – 6 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 3 jalapeños (optional)
- 3 cloves garlic
- 4 Medjool dates
How to Prepare Raw Pumpkin Seed Crackers With Spinach [Vegan, Raw, Gluten-Free]
- I like to put the sunflower seeds in the processor first and give them more time to process then the rest of the ingredients. Process them for a little bit first – until small chucks or almost fine.
- Throw the rest of the ingredients into a processor and process until chunky yet not big chunks.
- Put mixture into a bowl and stir in approx. 2 cups water and mix well. Let sit overnight - even 24 hours is better if possible (starts a bit of the fermentation process at that point ).
- Stir well to see how dry it is as after sitting, it may need a little more water. You want the mixture to stay together well, not be too dry and definitely not runny.
- Spread out on flex sheets in the dehydrator (I like these crackers a little thicker than regular crackers, so not too thin) and score with a knife into squares – the size you choose.
- Dehydrate approx. 12 hours, flip sheets and continue to dehydrate approx. another 6 – 12 hours depending on the thickness – since I like these crackers on the thick side, it does take a little longer. These are so good with many different raw spreads, hummus or even just coconut oil.
- Keep in an air tight container and they will last for several weeks.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Total Calories: 1699 | Total Carbs: 170 g | Total Fat: 96 g | Total Protein: 76 g | Total Sodium: 102 g | Total Sugar: 70 gNote: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.