This is the best vegan pancake recipe you will ever make. You deserve it. To make this soy-free, use soy-free vegan butter.
Cloud 9 Pancakes [Vegan]
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Egg replacement mixture
- 1 cup almond milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons vegan butter, melted
- Maple syrup and vegan butter, for topping
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, cornstarch, salt, baking powder, and sugar.
- In a small bowl, make the egg replacer and combine it with the almond milk and vanilla. Using a whisk, combine the wet and dry ingredients and mix gently until combined. You want some lumps.
- Gently fold in the melted butter. Make sure the batter is still lumpy and thick.
- Heat a griddle or skillet over medium-high heat and coat lightly with oil. A spray-on oil works best to avoid over-oiling. Use a dry measuring cup to pour 1/4 cup of batter in a circle. Cook until the surface of the pancake has small bubbles all around, 3 to 5 minutes, then flip. Ideally, you should only have to flip once