They are chewy, sweet but not too sweet, and bursting with flavour because they are mostly just straight up carrots. The frosting isn't even necessary but who can REALLY say no to raw vegan lemon cashew cream?
Carrot Cake Cookies With Lemon Cream Frosting [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 1 cup cashews or gluten-free rolled oats
- 1 cup raisins
- Heaping 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- Heaping 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg powder
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil (or water)
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup (or water)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch Himalayan salt (optional)
- 1 cup cashews
- Juice from 1/2 lemon
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup (optional)
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil (optional)
- Water, as needed
- Put the cashews or rolled oats in a food processor and pulse until they become powder.
- Add the rest of the ingredients - except the carrots and raisins - and process into a thick wet mixture.
- Add the raisins and pulse a few times until you have them incorporated, but still have some whole raisins.
- Throw this mixture into a large bowl with the carrot shreds and mix with a wooden spoon until it all sticks together.
- Form into cookies and place in the dehydrator, or use your oven at it's lowest temperature for 2 1/2 hours.
- Blend all the ingredients together until smooth, adding the water as needed to get the texture you want: thick and creamy!
- Refrigerate overnight, then frost your cookies and enjoy!