This velvety sauce is thick and creamy and super flavorful. And you know what I’m going to say next, right? It’s dairy free! In addition, the sauce is also oil-free, soy free, and nut free. It only takes seven ingredients, all of which you likely already have in your pantry/fridge, and less than 5 minutes to make this tangy sauce. Made with nutrient rich white beans for creaminess and the addition of vitamin heavy asparagus, basically, you want to eat up because this is one healthy dish!
Creamy Lemon Ziti With Roasted Asparagus [Vegan]
- 1 pound ziti
- 1 bunch fresh asparagus
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- Salt/pepper to taste
- 1 can white beans, rinsed (any variety, I used Great Northern)
- 1/4 cup non-dairy milk
- 2 garlic cloves
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- Preheat your oven to 425°F.
- Trim off the woody bottoms of the asparagus. Toss the asparagus with oil, salt and pepper.
- Roast for 10-12 minutes until tender and starting to brown.
- Meanwhile, cook the ziti according to package directions
- While the ziti is cooking and the asparagus is roasting, make the sauce.
- Combine the beans, garlic, non-dairy milk, lemon zest and juice, parsley, onion powder and nutmeg in a high speed blender and puree until smooth. Add salt/pepper to taste if desired.
- To serve, combine the ziti and sauce and serve the asparagus either on the side or mixed in with the noodles.
- Garnish with extra lemon zest and parsley if desired.