An excellent way of eating warm, raw meals in the colder months is in soups. You can use spices, garlic, onions, other vegetables, and hot water to create creamy, flavorful, healthy bowls of goodness that will have everybody asking for more! This particular recipe uses garlic to add heat, and avocado for creaminess. The other ingredients are fresh and bursting with nutrition and great taste. I like adding chopped veggies to the soup so you have another texture. Grab a spoon!
Super-Amazing Springtime Tomato Avocado Mushroom Corn Soup
- 3 white mushrooms
- 2 heirloom tomatoes
- ½ avocado
- 1 cup sweet corn
- 2-3 cups hot water
- 1 tablespoon miso paste
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 sliced mushrooms, marinated (recipe below)
- ¼ cup sweet corn
- ½ avocado, cubed
- Basil leaves
- Salt & pepper
- Slice them then toss in a tiny bit of extra virgin olive oil and tamari or soy sauce.
- Put in a warm spot for 30 minutes or in your oven at a very low temperature for 10-15 minutes.
- They’re ready when they have darkened and softened.
- Blend all the ingredients until smooth and soupy.
- Adjust according to taste, adding water as needed.
- Pour into a bowl then drop on your toppings and enjoy!