For a flavorful and aromatic breakfast dish, you must try these lentil and broccoli cutlets. Coated in bread crumbs, these cutlets are crispy, savory, and well-seasoned. Serve with some vegan mayonnaise or lemon.
Lentil Broccoli Cutlets [Vegan]
- 1 cup red lentils, soaked and drained
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- A pinch of nutmeg powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs
- In a food processor, combine lentils and broccoli florets and grind until smooth.
- Spoon the batter into a mixing bowl and fold in rest of the ingredients except bread crumbs.
- Divide the batter into 10 equal parts. Take one part of the batter and form a patty shape between the palms and roll into the bread crumbs.
- Repeat the same process for the rest of the batter.
- Grease the warm frying pan or griddle with oil or cooking spray and place the cutlets gently without breaking.
- Cooking on one side until brown and firm. Flip the cutlet to the other side and cook again until crispy.
- Using a flat spatula, place the cutlets on a serving dish.
Measure the lentils before soaking. For gluten free option leave the bread crumbs out. Form the cutlets and directly place them in the greased griddle/frying pan.