For a flavorful and aromatic breakfast dish, you must try these lentil and broccoli cutlets. Coated in bread crumbs, these cutlets are crispy, savory, and well-seasoned. Serve with some vegan mayonnaise or lemon.
Lentil Broccoli Cutlets [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Lentil Broccoli Cutlets [Vegan]
- 1 cup red lentils, soaked and drained
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- A pinch of nutmeg powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs
How to Prepare Lentil Broccoli Cutlets [Vegan]
- In a food processor, combine lentils and broccoli florets and grind until smooth.
- Spoon the batter into a mixing bowl and fold in rest of the ingredients except bread crumbs.
- Divide the batter into 10 equal parts. Take one part of the batter and form a patty shape between the palms and roll into the bread crumbs.
- Repeat the same process for the rest of the batter.
- Grease the warm frying pan or griddle with oil or cooking spray and place the cutlets gently without breaking.
- Cooking on one side until brown and firm. Flip the cutlet to the other side and cook again until crispy.
- Using a flat spatula, place the cutlets on a serving dish.
Measure the lentils before soaking. For gluten free option leave the bread crumbs out. Form the cutlets and directly place them in the greased griddle/frying pan.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.