These raw crepes are made from bananas, flax meal, and vanilla powder and are filled with a deliciously sticky-sweet date caramel and apple filling. This recipe is super easy, doesn't require that many ingredients, and is made simple in a dehydrator. Dust some cinnamon and top and enjoy with a tall glass of almond milk.
Raw Crepes With Caramel Apple Filling [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Crepes:
- 4 large ripe bananas
- 1/4 cup flax meal
- 1 teaspoon vanilla powder
For the Caramel Apple Filling:
- 1/2 cup pitted soft dates
- 1 tablespoon nut butter
- 1 apple, diced
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- A pinch of salt
- Water or non-dairy milk, if needed
- Process all the crepe ingredients in a food processor until very smooth mixture is formed. Spread the mixture evenly on baking paper-lined dehydrator sheets. Ideally, you want to spread it relatively thin.
- Dehydrate at 115°F for 3 hours or until you can carefully peel the crepe off the paper. The crepe should still be pliable.
- Place dates, vanilla, cinnamon, and salt in the food processor. Blend until dates are broken down. Add liquid if needed and blend until a smooth caramel consistency. Add diced apple and raisins and pulse until mixed through.
- Once the crepes are done, spread the filling on top. Best served warm, straight from the dehydrator.