This Tempeh Picatta dish is both beautifully presented and is great for a formal dinner party. Impress guests with some white wine and miso braised baby bok choy as a side. Enjoy white wine or red wine with this dinner.
Tempeh Picatta [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Tempeh Picatta [Vegan]
- ¼ Cup celery small diced
- ¼ Cup onion Small dice
- 3 Cloves garlic pressed
- 2 Teaspoons fresh thyme
- 2 Tablespoons chili powder
- 2 Teaspoons rubbed sage
- ½ Cup low sodium soy sauce
- ¼ Cup cider vinegar
- ¼ Cup water
- Salt to taste
- 1 8oz package tempeh (or learn how to make tempeh at home by following this recipe)
- 1 Cup All-purpose flour, for dredging
- 6 Tablespoons earth balance buttery spread
- 3 Tablespoons canola oil
- 1/3 Cup fresh lemon juice
- ½ Cup vegetable stock
- ¼ Cup brined capers, rinsed
- 2 Tablespoons Extra virgin Olive Oil
- 1/3 Cup fresh parsley chopped
- ¼ Cup canola, safflower or corn oil
- 2 Stocks baby bok choy (cut length wise)
- ½ Cup onion (small dice)
- 3 Cloves garlic (minced)
- 2 Teaspoon dry thyme
- 1 Teaspoon Mediterranean salt
- 2 Teaspoon white miso
- 3 Tablespoons white cooking wine
How to Prepare Tempeh Picatta [Vegan]
- To make marinade combine herbs and liquids in a mixing bowl marinade Tempeh for 20 minutes (careful not let it go longer.) While that is marinating cut Tempeh in to fillets 3x4 inches and a half inch thick and set aside. Once done remove tempeh and dredge in flour and shake off excess.
- In a large skillet over medium high heat, melt 2 tablespoons of butter with 3 tablespoons canola oil. When butter and oil start to sizzle, add 2 pieces of tempeh and cook for 3 minutes. When tempeh is browned, using spatula, flip and cook other side for 3 minutes. Remove and transfer to plate. Repeat until all Tempeh is cooked.
- Into the pan add the lemon juice, stock and capers. Return to stove and bring to boil, scraping up brown bits from the pan for extra flavor. Add 2 tablespoons of your marinade to the pan. Return all the tempeh to the pan and simmer for 5 minutes. Remove tempeh to platter. Add remaining 2 tablespoons butter to sauce and whisk vigorously. Pour sauce over tempeh and garnish with parsley.
- In a large skillet, heat oil on a medium high heat. Add onions and garlic. Sauté for about 2 minutes.
- Add bok choy turning to coat with oil, add thyme white wine and salt reduce heat to a medium low.
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.