This fruity salad is a refreshing treat on a hot day. The star shapes and the colorful fruit make it the perfect partner for any 4th of July party!
Red, White, and Blue Salad With Watermelon Vinaigrette [Vegan]
- 1 Small watermelon
- 1 Jicama
- 1 pint Organic Blueberries
- ½ cup watermelon
- ¼ cup agave
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Fresh Mint leaves for garnish
- Slice the watermelon into ¼ inch slices. Using a star cookie cutter, cut stars out of watermelon slices. Reserve leftovers for dressing
- slice the jicama into ¼ inch slices. Using the same cookie cutter, cut stars out of the jicama slices
- Place all vinaigrette ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth. Adjust seasonings.
- Toss Watermelon and Jicama stars along with blueberries in a big salad bowl.
- Drizzle dressing over fruit and serve immediately.
- Garnish with fresh mint leaves.