Eat your veggies as the ultimate comfort food. Nice and cheesy with a spicy kick, an addictive taste, and the goodness of cauliflower, this mac and cheese is a keeper! Healthy AND tasty.
Cauliflower Mac and Cheese [Vegan]
- 1 medium cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 6 garlic cloves
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups macaroni pasta or pasta of your choice
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon white miso
- 1/3 cup vegan cream cheese
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 1/4 teaspoon red cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons dry mint leaf flakes
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons vegan butter
- Set the oven 400°F.
- Place the cauliflower florets and the carrots into an oven dish, add two tablespoons of the olive oil and mix.
- Wrap the garlic cloves in aluminum foil together with the remainder of the olive oil.
- Oven roast the vegetables and the garlic for about 25-30 minutes.
- In the meantime, cook the pasta according to package directions, drain, and set aside.
- In a high-speed blender, blend the roasted cauliflower and carrot mix, the roasted garlic, and all the other ingredients except the macaroni and the vegan butter. Blend until you get a very smooth mixture.
- For a more cheesy taste, let this sauce wait at room temperature for one to two hours.
- Add the vegan butter and the macaroni pasta in a large pan, stir and cook for about one minute until the butter melts and the macaroni is coated uniformly. Add the cheese sauce, stir and cook for about 5 more minutes.