Raw Sriracha? And what’s up with the color? Two questions you might get when you bust out a jar of this stuff — but once people get a taste of it, the only question they'll be asking is "how did you make it?" This spicy sauce is made by combining cashews, chili peppers, and purple cabbage (don't worry, you won't taste it). It's perfect for wherever you would add Sriracha, but it's especially gorgeous on colorful salads.
Raw Purple Sriracha [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
Ingredients You Need for Raw Purple Sriracha [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1/2 cup raw cashew nuts
- 2 cloves garlic
- 4 bird's eye peppers or however much pepper you prefer
- 1/4 cup purple cabbage, roughly diced
- 1 Medjool date or 2 small dates
- 1/2 lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon nigella
- Hot water, as needed
- Salt, to taste
How to Prepare Raw Purple Sriracha [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- Start by soaking the cashew nuts for 4 hours or overnight.
- Drain cashews, then add all ingredients to the blender. Add hot water gradually, as needed, to achieve your desired consistency. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.