Raw Sriracha? And what’s up with the color? Two questions you might get when you bust out a jar of this stuff — but once people get a taste of it, the only question they'll be asking is "how did you make it?" This spicy sauce is made by combining cashews, chili peppers, and purple cabbage (don't worry, you won't taste it). It's perfect for wherever you would add Sriracha, but it's especially gorgeous on colorful salads.
Raw Purple Sriracha [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1/2 cup raw cashew nuts
- 2 cloves garlic
- 4 bird's eye peppers or however much pepper you prefer
- 1/4 cup purple cabbage, roughly diced
- 1 Medjool date or 2 small dates
- 1/2 lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon nigella
- Hot water, as needed
- Salt, to taste
- Start by soaking the cashew nuts for 4 hours or overnight.
- Drain cashews, then add all ingredients to the blender. Add hot water gradually, as needed, to achieve your desired consistency. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.