Instead of regular pasta, I’m using kohlrabi noodles, but this dish is so spectacular (I really mean that word!) that it will go with all kinds of spiralized veggie – zucchini, sweet potato, beet, carrot – any! The intense flavor from the walnuts, pine nuts and garlic is ridiculously delicious that when I took my first bite, I wasn’t happy, I was mad – how did I not think to make this sooner?!
Kohlrabi Spaghetti alla Foriana [Vegan]
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- 5 cloves of garlic, sliced thinly
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 medium kohlrabi bulbs, peeled, Blade C, noodles trimmed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Place the walnuts, pine nuts and garlic in a food processor and pulse until finely chopped.
- Place a large skillet over medium heat and add in the olive oil. Once oil heats, add in the kohlrabi noodles and cook for 2 minutes or until they begin to soften. Then, add in the oregano, pulsed nut mixture, raisins and season with salt and pepper. Cook for 3-5 minutes, stirring constantly to avoid burning the nuts but just enough to fully cook the kohlrabi.
- Serve into bowls.