While we both call this a pancake I think you could also get away with calling it a fritter. Regardless of what you call it, you can call it delicious!
Pobalno Corn Pancakes [Vegan]
- 3/4 cups unbleached organic all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp organic whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground white pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup non-dairy milk
- 1 can organic corn, rinsed and drained
- 2 poblano peppers, minced
- 1 cup cilantro, minced
- 2 tbsp egg replacer dissolved in 8 tbsp warm water
- Cooking spray
- In a large bowl mix the flours, baking powder salt and pepper. Add the EnerG egg replacer and water mixture, the olive oil and non dairy milk. Stir until a batter is formed. Do not over mix.
- Add the corn, peppers and cilantro. Stir to incorporate.
- Heat a non stick skillet over medium heat. Spray with cooking spray.
- Pour the batter into pan according to the desired size of pancake.
- Allow to cook until bubbles start to form (a couple of minutes).
- Flip and allow to cook on the other side until both sides are golden brown and pancakes are cooked through.
- Serve immediately.