Have you ever wished that a pumpkin pie existed that would allow you to indulge without completely ruining your healthy eating regimen? Well, your dreams may just be coming true! This no-bake pumpkin pie has a gluten-free crust made with almond flour, coconut flour, and coconut oil, and has a deliciously creamy filling made with cashews, pumpkin purée, vegan cream cheese, and thick coconut cream. Even the sweeteners used – maple syrup, vanilla bean, cinnamon, pumpkin spice – are wholesome. This pie is just overall amazing.
Maple Pumpkin Pie [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Crust:
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1 1/2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon psyllium husks
- A pinch of salt
- A pinch of vanilla bean powder
For the Filling:
- 1/4 cup cashew nuts, soaked in water at least 4 hours
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 cup pure pumpkin purée
- 5 tablespoons vegan cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons thick coconut cream
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons coconut nectar
- 3 tablespoons firm cacao butter
- 2 tablespoons firm coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon lecithin
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla bean powder
- 1/2-1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 1/2-1 teaspoon pumpkin spice mix
- A pinch of salt
To Make the Crust:
- Mix the ingredients into a dough and press it into your pie form
- Put in refrigerator to set while you make the filling.
To Make the Filling:
- Drain cashews and blend them with water.
- Add everything else in the blender except for the cacao butter, coconut oil, and spices, and blend until smooth.
- Melt the cacao butter and coconut oil in a kettle on a really low temperature.
- Add the cacao butter to the pie filling in a thin stream, blending constantly.
- Add the spices, tasting the filling as you add the spices.
- Take the crust from the refrigerator and pour the filling on the crust.
- Put back in the fridge for at least 5 hours. Slice and serve.