The flavor of the roasted apples, onion, garlic and squash is divine. The white pepper gives the soup a wonderful but not overly powerful kick I really enjoy. I hope this flavorful soup warms you heart, body and soul, and nourishes you from the inside out with its delicious gifts from nature.
Apple Butternut Squash Soup [Vegan]
- 32oz (2lbs) Butternut Squash, peeled & cubed
- 1 large sweet onion, peeled & cut into 8 wedges
- 1 head garlic, peeled whole cloves
- 2 pink lady apples (or your favorite kind), peeled & cubed
- 2 Tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ¼ + ½ tsp. white pepper
- ¼ + 1 tsp. salt
- 32oz (1 QT) low sodium vegetable broth
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Line 2 large baking sheets with foil to prevent sticking, if desired.
- Spread butternut squash, onions, garlic and apples evenly onto 2 baking sheets.
- Toss first pan in 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil, 1/8 salt and 1/8 tsp. white pepper. Repeat for the second baking sheet.
- Roast vegetables for 35 – 40 minutes.
- In a food processor, puree roasted veggies.
- Add butternut squash puree to a large soup pot. Stir in low sodium vegetable broth, 1 tsp. salt, and ½ tsp. white pepper.
- Heat to desired temperature, or when soup begins to bubble.