With avocados, you can make the creamiest, delicious chocolate cream for desserts! It’s the perfect filling for no-bake crusts. It’s super easy to make and only takes a few minutes – seriously! No-bake recipes are perfect for the summer because this way you can calm down your cravings for chocolate cakes but don’t need to heat up your apartment additionally with oven heat. Yay! Make it, place it in the fridge for a few hours and enjoy. The silky and smooth avocado cream is perfect for these tartlets but also could be used as filling layer between two chocolate cakes or frosting!
Cocoa Avocado Tartlet [Vegan, Raw, Gluten-Free]
- 1 cup walnuts
- 3 tablespoons shredded coconut
- 9 Medjool dates
- 1 avocado
- 1/4 cup organic rice syrup
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil, melted
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 raspberry (fresh or defrosted)
- 1/2 teaspoon shredded coconut
- Put all the ingredients for the crust in a kitchen processor and blend until it the mixture starts to form little clumps.
- Put the crust mixture in a tartlet form** and press it on the bottom and on the sides. It's easier when you use a spoon to press it down.
- Clean the kitchen processor.
- Cut and peel the avocado. Put all the ingredients for the filling in the kitchen processor and blend again until it's a smooth cream.
- Add the filling on the crust and flatten the surface with a knife or spatula.
- Put it in the fridge for about 3-4 hours. The coconut oil will make the filling a little bit harder.
- For the pink coconut sprinkles, put the shredded coconut in a small bowl add one raspberry and press and mix it with a spoon until the coconut sprinkles are getting a nice pink color.
- Top the tartlet with the sprinkles before serving and enjoy!
*The idea for the colored coconut sprinkles is from the lovely Natalie of the blog Feasting on Fruit. **My tartelette dish is 5 inches wide.