Something I like to have in the house at all times, are a few healthy and delicious sides that I can serve up to the family throughout the week. This is my new favorite side. I throw it over a green salad with a splash of balsamic and I’m good to go. It’s easy to make and comes out prefect every time. I love the addition of nutritional yeast in there for the flavor and the nutritional benefits. I gave the option in the recipe for folks that use oil in their cooking – but of course you don’t need to add it – the veggie stock does the trick just fine. Diced shallots and/or chopped walnuts are a nice addition to this side as well. You cannot go wrong with roasting veggies in my opinion and a little maple syrup makes this side slighty sweet and oh so yummy. This makes everyone in my household very happy.
Roasted Rosemary String Beans [Vegan]
- 1 pound string beans, trimmed and washed
- 2 tablespoons no salt added vegetable stock
- 1 tablespoon rosemary
- 1 teaspoon date syrup or pure maple syrup
- 1 1/2 teaspoons nutritional yeast
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon healthy oil like avocado (optional)
- A pinch onion powder
- Fresh black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Toss the beans with remaining ingredients in a medium-sized bowl.
- Place string beans on non-stick baking pan.
- Roast in oven for 15-20 minutes or until beans are tender and slightly browned in spots, turning once. Serve.
- String Bean