These vegan Chocolate Cinnamon Cookies simply melt in your mouth when you bite into them. I couldn't stop eating the dough because it was so delicious, and I am sure I’d have gotten a couple more cookies out of the recipe if only I could have stopped myself. I am going to make another batch of these to gift to friends and I can just tell they are going to love me for it! Here’s the recipe.
Chocolate Cinnamon Cookies [Vegan]
- 2½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup vegetable oil, like canola
- 1 cup sugar
- ¼th tsp salt
- 1 tbsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp powdered cinnamon
- 1 tsp instant coffee
- ½ cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Melt the chocolate chips in a double boiler --in a bowl placed over a pot of simmering water -- until it's melted and smooth.
- In a bowl, beat together the sugar, salt, and vegetable oil for a minute with a hand mixer or whisk. You can also do this in a stand mixer with the whisk attachment.
- Add the vanilla, cinnamon, coffee and melted chocolate and beat together.
- Now add the floor and mix into the chocolate-sugar mixture using a spatula. You don't want to beat with a whisk at this stage because you don't want to build the gluten in the flour.
- When the dough is well-mixed, cover the bowl with plastic wrap or a tight lid and place it in the refrigerator for at least an hour.
- Lightly grease two cookie sheets and preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Make a ½-inch ball of the cookie dough and flatten it in your palms to make a disc. Place on the cookie sheet. Repeat with the remaining dough. Be sure to give at least an inch of space between the cookies.
- Bake for 14 minutes, turning the cookie sheet once halfway during baking.
- Remove from the oven and place the cookie sheet on a rack. Let the cookies cool thoroughly and firm up before removing them from the sheet.