Take advantage of pumpkin season with this decadent bundt cake! Made with mashed pumpkin, filled with flavorful pumpkin cream cheese, and topped with a sticky-sweet maple glaze, this cake is super moist and packed with fall spices. Decorate the top of this cake with nuts for some added crunch!
Pumpkin Cream Cheese Maple Glazed Bundt Cake [Vegan]
For the Bundt Cake:
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups vegan butter
- 3 tablespoons ground flax seeds
- 9 tablespoons hot water
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups pumpkin purée
For the Cheesecake Filling:
- 1 8-ounce package vegan cream cheese
- 4 tablespoons vegan butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon egg replacer, plus 4 tablespoons warm water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the Maple Glaze:
- 1 1/2 cups confectioner's sugar
- 2 tablespoons water or almond milk
- 2 teaspoons maple extract (optional)
- Combine all of the bundt cake ingredients. Add the pumpkin last and mix well.
- Fill the greased bundt pan with half of the batter and spread it evenly. Then, layer with the cheesecake mixture.
- Layer the remaining cake batter on top and spread evenly.
- Bake in preheated 350°F oven for 20 minutes, then turn the oven temperature down to 325°F for another 15 minutes, and then finally down to 300°F for the last 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool in the pan and then turn out onto a cooling rack to cool completely
- Glaze and serve.