Delicious over pasta or rice. Brown rice would be a perfect complement along with a nice glass (or two…or three…) of red wine.
Braised Tofu and Veggie Cacciatore [Vegan]
- 1⁄2 medium yellow onion, peeled and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup sliced white mushrooms
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 2 (1-pound) blocks extra-firm tofu, chopped into cubes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup white cooking wine
- 3 large tomatoes, diced
- 1 (6-ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 bay leaf
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- In a large saucepan over medium-high heat, sauté onion, mushrooms, carrot, garlic, and tofu in oil for 5 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, and add wine, tomatoes, tomato paste, bay leaf, salt, and remaining spices. Stir up well. It’ll smell heavenly.
- 3. Cover the pan and let simmer for 20 minutes. Stir every once in a while, and don’t forget to take out the bay leaf before eating.
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Per Serving: Calories: 380 | Carbs: 23 g | Fat: 29 g | Protein: 27 g | Sodium: 845 mg | Sugar: 11 g Note: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Hidden for desktop / visible for mobile