When chilly breezes start blowing outside, there's no better time to get cozy and bake a delicious pie. And you are going to fall in love with this irresistible combo of sweet maple cinnamon cream and crispy skillet granola! Coconut milk, almond butter, maple syrup, and plenty of cinnamon is blended together, poured onto a simple almond crust, and then frozen until firm and dense. The crunch from the granola on top is the perfect compliment to this otherwise silky dessert.
Cinnamon Maple Crunch Pie [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Crust:
- 2 cups almond flour
- 3 tablespoon oil
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon ground flax plus 2 tablespoon water
- 1/4 teaspoon Himalayan pink salt
For the Cinnamon Maple Cream Filling:
- 1 14-ounce can coconut milk (refrigerated overnight, solid cream only)
- 3/4 cup natural almond butter
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2-2 teaspoons cinnamon to taste
- A dash of pink salt
For the Cinnamon Crunch Granola:
- 3/4 cup rolled oats
- 1/3 cup coconut chips/flakes
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 1/2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/4 heaping teaspoon cinnamon
- A dash of Himalayan pink salt
To Make the Crust:
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Mix flax and water in a small bowl and set aside to thicken.
- Mix dry ingredients together in a bowl. Stir together wet ingredients in another bowl, including flax mixture. Combine wet and dry and mix well.
- Press into a pie plate. Bake for 15-18 minutes until firm and lightly golden. Set aside to cool completely.
To Make the Filling:
- Melt all ingredients in a saucepan over medium-low heat. Whisk smooth. Taste and adjust if needed.
- Pour over crust. Cover and refrigerate 4 hours until firm. Keep refrigerated.
To Make the Granola:
- Melt coconut oil in a skillet over medium-low heat. Add in the remaining ingredients to the skillet and mix well to coat.
- Stir occasionally for 5-7 minutes until toasted to a golden brown.
- Remove from heat to cool and crisp up.
- Sprinkle topping on just before serving. Serve.