Calling all Girl Scout Cookie lovers - these healthy, vegan and gluten-free versions of a favorite cookie are going to be your new best friend! Peanut Butter Tag-A-Longs will be yours in no time!
Peanut Butter Tag-A-Longs [Vegan, Gluten-Free, Refined Sugar-Free]
For the cookie layer:
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄8 teaspoon sea salt
For the peanut butter filling:
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1–2 tablespoons coconut flour, if needed
For the chocolate coating:
- 1 cup semi-sweet mini chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
Prepare the cookie layer:
- Prepare a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Add all ingredients for the cookie layer to a medium-sized bowl and stir until everything is well combined.
- Transfer the mixture onto the prepared cookie sheet. Place an extra piece of parchment paper on top of the cookie mixture and press it down evenly into a flat 8 × 8 square shape.
- Place the cookie sheet in the freezer for approximately 15 minutes, or until the cookie layer is firm.
Prepare the peanut butter filling:
- Add all ingredients for the peanut butter filling to a small bowl and stir until everything is well combined and smooth. Depending on the type of peanut butter you use, you may have to add 1 to 2 extra tablespoons of coconut flour to get the mixture thick enough to roll it into a ball shape. Add 1 tablespoon of flour at a time until it firms, but only as needed.
- Take one spoonful of the mixture at a time and roll it between the palms of your hands into a ball shape. Flatten the ball between the palms of your hands into a round cookie shape about 2 inches in diameter.
- Remove the cookie sheet from the freezer. Place the flattened peanut butter balls on top of the cookie layer side by side and leaving a little space in between each one. Return the cookie sheet to the freezer for approximately 15 minutes to firm.
Assembly (part 1):
- Remove the cookie sheet from the freezer. Using the tip of a knife, cut around each flattened peanut butter ball, like you would a cookie cutter, so the cookie layers are the same size as the flattened peanut butter balls. When finished, you should have ten two-layer cookies (peanut butter layer on top of a cookie layer). Remove the excess cookie mixture from the cookie sheet. Set aside.
Prepare the chocolate coating:
- Add all ingredients for the chocolate coating to a small saucepan and melt on lowest heat until it’s completely melted and smooth, taking care to not let it burn.
- Dip each two-layer cookie into the chocolate coating so the cookie is completely covered on all sides; use a fork to flip them over and to let the excess chocolate drip off.
Assembly (part 2):
- Place the cookies back onto the cookie sheet. Return the cookie sheet to the freezer for approximately 30 minutes, or until the chocolate hardens.
- Store in an air-tight container in the freezer or refrigerator until ready to serve, because they will get soft if left out at room temperature.
- Almond Flour
- Coconut Flour
- Peanut Butter
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Hidden for desktop / visible for mobile