Turmeric is the all-star that gives this anti-inflammatory smoothie its gorgeous golden hue. Turmeric has over two dozen anti-inflammatory compounds, making it a very powerful ingredient to include in your diet.
Turmeric Smoothie [Vegan]
For the Turmeric Paste:
- 1/4 cup turmeric powder
- 1/2 cup water
- 3/4 teaspoon black pepper
For the Smoothie:
- 1 cup frozen pineapple chunks
- 1 cup frozen mango chunks
- 1–1 1/2 cups cold water
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon peeled, chopped fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon prepared turmeric paste
- First, prepare the Turmeric Paste: Mix the turmeric powder and water in a small saucepan over low heat, stirring until a paste is formed.
- Once you have a paste, stir in the black pepper. This recipe provides more than you’ll need for this smoothie, so cool and store in a glass jar in the refrigerator up to 2 weeks.
- Next, place all smoothie ingredients in a large blender.
- Blend the ingredients on high until thoroughly combined and smooth.
- Consume immediately or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator up to 24 hours.