This recipe uses your favorite real, cold-brewed coffee, concentrated to infuse extra flavor and reduce iciness. So use coffee you would drink— it’s the star of the show. If you’re not a coffee ice cream fan, this recipe might just change your mind.
Cold Brew Ice Cream [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Cold Brew Ice Cream [Vegan]
- 1 ⁄3 cup (60 g) medium-ground coffee beans
- 2 1/2 cups (600 ml) all-natural canned coconut milk
- 1/4 cup (50 g) organic unrefined cane sugar
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) agave
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) pure vanilla extract
- Pinch of sea salt
How to Prepare Cold Brew Ice Cream [Vegan]
- In a bowl, combine the coffee grounds and coconut milk. Cover this mixture and place it in the refrigerator to steep overnight, at least 12 hours or more.
- Once it’s steeped, use a fine-mesh strainer to remove the grounds from the coconut milk. If you find that your coconut milk has separated and there is a layer of cream on top, stir it and let the milk warm enough to homogenize before straining it. Discard the grounds.
- Use a high-speed or immersion blender to mix the coconut milk coffee, sugar, agave, vanilla, and salt. Add the mixture to your ice cream maker and churn it according to the manufacturer’s instructions. Most machines take 10 to 15 minutes depending on the temperature of the mix, and when it’s finished it should look like soft serve.
- Once it’s churned, transfer the ice cream to a large freezer-safe container, smooth the top, and cover it tightly. Freeze the finished ice cream for at least 5 to 6 hours, or until it is firm. Store this ice cream in the freezer in a sealed container for up to 1 week.
Makes 1 quart. For a coffee-holic's dream, top your favorite iced or hot coffee or espresso with a scoop of Cold Brew ice cream. The sweetness and richness are perfect complements.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.