Yep. You read that correctly. You know that yummy peanut sauce that comes with a variety of dishes on Thai menus? It is my condiment of choice for almost everything, and this recipe offers the same sweet, nutty flavors in a cool, creamy scoop with a touch of spice. It is unique, textural, and flavorful. Feel free to remove the chili altogether or turn it up or down based on your taste.
Thai Chili Peanut Ice Cream [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Thai Chili Peanut Ice Cream [Vegan]
- 2 3/4 cups (660 ml) all-natural canned coconut milk
- 1 ⁄3 cup (67 g) organic unrefined cane sugar
- 3 tablespoons (45 ml) organic agave
- 2 tablespoons (32 g) all-natural creamy peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons (10 ml) lime juice
- 1 teaspoon Thai chili powder or cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup (30 g) peanuts, shelled and roasted
- 1/4 cup (25 g) shredded coconut
How to Prepare Thai Chili Peanut Ice Cream [Vegan]
- Use a high-speed or immersion blender to mix the coconut milk, sugar, agave, peanut butter, lime juice, and chili powder. Cover and chill the mixture for at least 2 hours, or overnight.
- Once the mixture is chilled, add it to your ice cream maker and churn it according to the manufacturer’s instructions. Most machines take 10 to 15 minutes depending on the temperature of the mix, and when it’s finished it should look like soft serve.
- Once it’s churned, transfer the ice cream to a wide, freezer-safe container and fold in the peanuts and coconut, making sure to maintain the air that was churned into the base. Cover the ice cream tightly and freeze it for at least 5 to 6 hours, or until it is firm.
- This ice cream will keep in the freezer for a couple of weeks in an airtight container, but it’s best when fresh.
Makes 1 quart.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.