Made with sweet coconut sugar and juicy mango, this mango streusel cake is a delicious, dairy-free, and egg-free treat for any occasion, including breakfast! As the cake bakes, the streusel filling caramelizes and once the cake cools, you get contrasting textures of moist cake, soft mango, and a slightly crunchy filling. It’s super sweet and moist and has juicy pieces of fresh mango laced throughout.
Mango Streusel Cake [Vegan]
For the Cake:
- 1 flax egg (1 tablespoons ground flaxseed, plus 3 tablespoons water)
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 cup non-dairy milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup finely chopped mango
For the Streusel Mixture:
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- Preheat your oven to 350°F and grease an 8-inch springform pan, then set aside.
- Prepare the flax egg by whisking together 1 tablespoon of ground flaxseed with 3 tablespoons of warm water. Set aside
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Blend the 1/4 cup oil into the flour and sugar mixture, until it is like cornmeal texture.
- Add in the flax egg, non-dairy milk, and vanilla. Stir only until just combined
- Fold in the chopped mango
- Pour 1/2 mixture in your greased 8-inch pan.
- In a small bowl combine the streusel ingredients and then sprinkle ½ of the streusel on the cake batter.
- Add the remaining batter on top (it should just barely be enough to cover the streusel filling) and sprinkle the top with the rest of the streusel.
- Bake in a 350°F oven for 25 minutes, then remove the cake and cover it with tinfoil. Bake for about 10 more minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.