When fresh summer white peaches and ripe tomatoes join forces great things are about to happen. This incredible seasonal combo serves as the base under our slightly-spicy black and white sesame crusted tofu. An elegant dish for your sophisticated guests that is both impressive and oh so simple!
Sesame Crusted Tofu Over Peach and Tomato With Balsamic Glaze [Vegan]
For the Peach and Tomato Salad:
- 3 organic white peaches, thin sliced
- 3 organic red vine tomatoes, cut into bite size cubes
- 1 shallot, fine chop
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and minced
- ½ orange bell pepper, cut bite size pieces
- 1 bunch cilantro, rough chop
- 1 lemon juice and zest
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Pinch Kosher salt
For the Sesame Crusted Tofu:
- 1 block organic extra firm organic, drained.
- ¼ cup Dijon mustard
- 3 tbsp gluten free panko bread crumbs
- 2 tbsp white sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp black sesame seeds
- Pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- Canola oil
- 1/2 tsp fresh black pepper
For the Balsamic Glaze:
- 2 cups balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- Press tofu for at least 30 minutes to allow water to drain out.
- Prep peaches, tomatoes, shallots, jalapeño pepper, bell peppers and cilantro as noted in ingredient list. Combine all in a large bowl. Then add the zest and juice of lemon and olive oil. Toss gently, salt to taste then set aside.
- In a medium saucepan combine 2 cups balsamic vinegar and ½ cup of brown sugar. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Then lower heat and simmer about 20 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Slice tofu into half inch slices. Then on a large plate combine panko, black & whitesesame seeds and crushed red pepper and mix well with a fork. Holding tofu gently, spread a light coating of Dijon mustard on one side and place face down in panko mixture. While tofu is in the panko, gently coat the other side and flip to coat. Repeat until all tofu slices are coated.
- Coat sauté pan with canola oil then heat over a med/ high heat. Gently lay tofu in pan and cook 1 to 1 ½ minutes on each side until browned, Remove from pan and set aside.
- Drizzle balsamic glaze over a white plate. In the center spoon a half cup of the peach & tomato salad. Diagonal slice the tofu (2 whole pieces) and gently top onto the peach & tomato salad. Finish with with a pinch of salt and garnish with chopped cilantro. Enjoy!!