Pears are a wonderful and nutritious fruit to enjoy on their own, and when you bake them, they become irresistible! Topped with fresh vegan ricotta, this dish is versatile, serving as a breakfast, snack, appetizer, or dessert!
Roasted Chai-Spiced Pears [Vegan]
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2 cup Fresh Ricotta
- 1/4 cup real coconut cream or coconut milk (100 percent either way, no fillers; not coconut butter)
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 2 large pears
- 2 tablespoons chopped roasted pistachios
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Mix 1 tablespoon of the maple syrup with the ricotta and coconut cream in a medium-size bowl. Sprinkle in half of the nutmeg and half of the cardamom and mix well. Place the bowl of cream in the fridge for about 15 to 30 minutes to firm up.
- Slice the pears in half lengthwise and use a melon baller to scoop out the seeds, which creates the perfect little vessel for our ricotta cream. Place the pears in a baking dish, cut sides up.
- Mix the remaining nutmeg and cardamom with the remaining maple syrup and brush the spiced syrup over the top of the pears, reserving the extra. Bake the pears for 15 minutes or until they are tender, but not mushy.
- You can serve the pears hot, but I prefer to let them cool completely so that the coconut cream doesn’t melt. Dollop the ricotta cream into the hollowed-out pears, top with pistachios, and drizzle with the reserved spiced maple syrup. So pretty, so good!