What better way to celebrate strawberry season than with a vegan ice cream tart? The crust, filling, and topping all come together in a blender or food processor, which makes preparation a snap. The only hard part is waiting for it to firm up in the freezer... but the end result is totally worth it.
No-Bake Strawberry Ice Cream Cake [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
1 tart (8 servings)
- 1 3/4 of a cup raw almonds
- 4 Medjool dates*
- 1 cup coconut cream
- 2 cups (about 25) frozen strawberries
- Up to 1/3 cup coconut water from the can of coconut milk
- 1 Medjool date
- 6-8 fresh strawberries
- 12 or more fresh strawberries (halved) for garnish
- Trace a 7 inch springform on a piece of parchment paper and cut out the circle. Put aside.
- Make the tart crust by processing dates and almond in a food processor. Press the crust in the bottom of your springform or tart form.
- Process coconut cream and frozen strawberries in a food processor until smooth to make your ice cream. Add coconut water, 1 tablespoon at a time, if filling is too thick. Add sweetner of choice if needed. Spread filling over crust and place parchment paper circle on top. Freeze in freezer for 2-3 hours.
- Prepare strawberry topping by pulsing 1 date with 6 strawberries in a food processor. Spread topping over the frozen ice cream tart.
- Garnish with strawberries.
- Serve cold and slightly thawed.
*If you have dry dates use up to a tablespoon of water to soften them up.