These cookies are both chocolatey and perfect for Halloween! The marshmallows melt perfectly and make this dessert a fun one to watch bake in the oven.
Monster Mello Cookies [Vegan]
- 1/2 cup vegan butter or margarine
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups plain all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup vegan bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup cornflour/cornstarch
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips or bits
- 1/2 cup mini vegan marshmallows, chopped into pieces
- If you're a kid, get an adult to assist you.
- Preheat your oven to 347°F and line two large baking trays with baking paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat butter and sugar together using an electric hand mixer until creamy. Then add water, oil, vanilla and beat together on low speed.
- Add flour, bread crumbs, cornflour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt and using a large wooden spoon mix together until it forms a soft dough.
- Add chocolate chips and marshmallows and mix into the dough.
- Spoon dessert-sized spoonfuls of mixture onto a baking tray.
- Bake for 15-16 mins until firm to touch but still soft inside.
- Let them sit when they come out of the oven as they will be soft and will harden as they cool down.