With creamy toasted oatmeal, medjool dates and almond butter, you can indulge in ice cream for breakfast almost guilt-free. Almost.
Toasted Oatmeal Breakfast Nice Cream [Vegan]
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt plus a pinch for the oats
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 7 medjool dates, pitted
- 3 tablespoons almond butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup almond milk or oat milk
- 1 (14 ounce) can coconut milk
- 1/4 teaspoon guar gum
- Granola or seeds to serve
- Place the bowl of your ice cream machine in the freezer the night before.
- To toast the oats, place the oats and a pinch of salt in a dry pan and toast over low to medium heat, stirring occasionally, until fragrant and just starting to brown, around 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and pour the oatmeal into a high-powered blender; do this right away so it stops toasting. Wait until the oatmeal has cooled completely before adding the cinnamon, dates, almond butter, vanilla extract, the 1/2 teaspoon of sea salt, almond milk, coconut milk and guar gum and blend until thick and smooth.
- Pour the mixture into your prepared ice cream machine and churn for 30 minutes or until the ice cream resembles a soft serve. Serve as is or put the ice cream into a freezer-proof, covered container and freeze for 2 hours.
- If the ice cream is frozen overnight, leave it out on the counter for 20 minutes to soften before serving. Add a smattering of granola or seeds to serve.