This loaf is makes a great, sweet breakfast or snack, and will have your house smelling like a cinnamon roll! Feel free to get the little ones involved; they can mix and help you pour the mixture into the loaf pan!
Cinnamon Loaf [Vegan, Sugar-Free]
For the Dry Ingredients:
- 1 3/4 cups plain all-purpose flour
- 4 tablespoons powdered stevia for baking
- 1/4 cornstarch or cornflour
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
For the Wet Ingredients:
- 1 1/2 cups soy milk
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1/4 cup coconut or other vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
For the Cinnamon Swirl:
- 2 tablespoons powdered baking stevia
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- Preheat your oven to 347°F and grease line your loaf tin with baking paper, brush with oil and dust with flour.
- Sieve all the dry ingredients into a large mixing bowl and mix together.
- Measure out your soy milk and vinegar and mix together, it will become thick and turn into buttermilk.
- Add oil and vanilla and mix well.
- Make a well in the flour and pour in your wet ingredients. Gently mix together with your whisk until just combined.
- Mix cinnamon and stevia together in another small bowl.
- Pour ⅓ of batter into your loaf tin and sprinkle half of the cinnamon mix over the batter. Pour ⅓ of batter over the cinnamon then sprinkle remaining cinnamon over the batter. Pour remaining batter over the cinnamon and using a skewer swirl it through the cake batter to mix the cinnamon into the cake.
- Put into oven. Bake for 37-40 mins or until a toothpick inserted in middle comes out clean.
- Let cool for 10 mins, then tip loaf gently out onto a cooling rack to completely cool.
- This loaf tastes really great if you toast it and serve with vegan butter or nut butter.