Smooth, creamy, sweet, nutty - the delicate richness of this pistachio avocado ice cream will make your summer day so much brighter! Satisfy your ice cream craving with this terrific and healthy option.
Pistachio Avocado Ice Cream [Vegan, Gluten-Free, Refined Sugar-Free]
For the pistachio nut butter:
- 1 cup pistachios
For the ice cream:
- 2 avocados
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Prepare the pistachio nut butter:
- Add the pistachios to a food processor and process until they are broken down into a thick and creamy nut butter. This will take approximately 5 minutes, and you may need to stop one or two times to scrape the sides and help it along. Set aside.
Prepare the ice cream:
- Set aside a 9 × 5 loaf pan.
- Add all ingredients for the ice cream to the food processor with the pistachio nut butter, and process until everything is well combined and smooth.
- Pour the ice cream mixture evenly into the loaf pan.
- Tightly cover the loaf pan and place in the freezer overnight, or until the ice cream is firm.
- Store in an air-tight container in the freezer until ready to serve because the ice cream will get soft if left out at room temperature.
Hidden for desktop / visible for mobile