It’s time to enjoy the cozy, warm scents of fall! This pumpkin muffin recipe is sure to put you in a good mood. Your home will be wafting with the delightful scents of cinnamon, cloves, and nutmeg, making you smile from ear to ear. I wouldn’t be surprised if soon you’ll be dancing around your house placing pumpkins everywhere.
Pumpkin Muffins [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 2 cups gluten-free all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup cane sugar
- ½ brown sugar, packed
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ¾ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/16 teaspoon cloves
- 3/4 cup coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line muffin pan with 12 paper liners.
- Combine gluten-free flour, sugars, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and cloves in a medium bowl, gently whisking to sift ingredients.
- In another large mixing bowl, add coconut milk and apple cider vinegar, stir and allow to rest for 2 minutes. Next, add the olive oil, maple syrup, vanilla extract, and pumpkin puree to the coconut milk mixture. Whisk together until well combined. Add the dry ingredient mixture to the bowl and gently stir just until combined. Distribute batter evenly among muffin cups.
- Bake for approximately 25 – 33 minutes, or until a toothpick in the center comes out clean.