A delicious Italian staple that even your Nonna will be impressed by. Perfetto!
White Bean and Orzo Minestrone [Vegan]
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 medium yellow onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 ribs celery, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 cups vegetable broth
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and diced
- 1 cup chopped fresh green beans
- 2 small red potatoes, peeled and chopped small
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 (15-ounce) can cannellini beans, drained
- 1 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1⁄4 cup orzo
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Over medium-high heat, combine garlic, onion, and celery with oil in a large stockpot. Cook for about 3 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add in broth, carrot, green beans, potatoes, tomatoes, beans, basil, and oregano. Bring to a simmer over medium heat (liquid should be moving, but no bubbles should be forming). Cover and cook for 25 minutes.
- Add orzo and cook for another 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
Per Serving: Calories: 211 | Carbs: 35 g | Fat: 6 g | Protein: 7 g | Sodium: 726 mg | Sugar: 7 g Note: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Hidden for desktop / visible for mobile