Let's paint the town peppermint with these amazing homemade peppermint patties! They're made with only seven ingredients and couldn't be easier to put together. You'll be living in cool minty and chocolatey bliss in no time!
Homemade Peppermint Patties [Vegan]
- 1/2 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1/3 cup raw cashews, soaked*
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 1/2 tablespoons coconut or almond milk
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 5 ounces soy-free vegan dark chocolate
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- Place shredded coconut, soaked cashews, melted coconut oil, maple syrup, coconut milk and peppermint extract into a high-speed blender or food processor. Blend until completely smooth, this can take 2-3 minutes depending on blender/processor. Transfer mint filling into a lidded bowl and refrigerate until hardened, about one hour.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Scoop out a 1/2 tablespoon of chilled filling and place dome side up in your palm. With your other palm, slightly press down to form a patty. Set the patty on the lined baking sheet and continue until all of the filling has been used to form patties. Place baking sheet into the freezer.
- Melt chocolate and coconut oil in a double boiler. Once chocolate is melted and smooth remove patties from freezer. Using a fork, one at a time drop a patty into the chocolate. Quickly flip the patty over, and lightly shake any excess chocolate off. Set dipped patty back onto baking sheet where it came from. Repeat with each patty until all have been coated in chocolate.
- Once all patties are coated, place the baking sheet into freezer one last time to harden and let the chocolate coating set, approximately 10 minutes.
- Store in the refrigerator or freezer until ready to devour.
*To soak cashews, place them into a bowl and cover with water. For best results soak overnight. If using a high-speed blender or food processor you can attempt to use after a few hours, but I would encourage soaking overnight for optimum smoothness. It’s super important to be quick when dipping patties into the chocolate. Otherwise, the patty can break apart into the chocolate and it’s just bad news.