This flavorful dish is a hearty, vegan meal. The sweetness of the apricots and the thickness of the simmered diced tomatoes are incredible, but the mint comes in and sweeps you off your feet in this recipe.
Spicy Moroccan Chickpeas With Beet Noodles [Vegan]
- 3-4 large beets, peeled, Blade C, noodles trimmed
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- ½ red onion, finely chopped
- 7 dried apricots, small cubed
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- salt and pepper, to taste
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 14oz can chickpeas, rinsed, drained, patted dry
- 1 14oz diced tomatoes, no salt added
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Lay out the beet noodles evenly in a baking tray and drizzle with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil. Season with salt and pepper and bake for 10-15 minutes or until wilted.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add in the rest of the olive oil and once it heats, add in garlic. Cook the garlic for 30 seconds or until fragrant.
- Add the onions, lemon juice, apricots, garam masala, red pepper flakes and season with salt and pepper. Cook for 5 minutes or until onion begins to slightly brown.
- Add in the chickpeas and tomatoes and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally, to reduce.
- Once reduced, stir in the mint.
- Divide the beet noodles onto 4 plates and top each with hearty scoops of the chickpea mixture.