Try not to thank yourself after you bake this incredible french fry substitute. Really, should we even call it a substitute? How about new, fantastic, love of your life? These fries mimic your traditional fast-food favorites, but they are also healthy, crunchy, and packed with the nutritional benefits of olive oil. Heart-stopping—in a good way.
Baked Zucchini Fries [Vegan]
- 1⁄2 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon peeled, minced garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 2 medium zucchinis, cut into 2-inch strips
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Mix flour, garlic, paprika, onion, powder, salt, pepper, and nutritional yeast in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Brush zucchini strips with a very light coating of olive oil.
- Toss fries into the bowl with flour seasoning mix. After they are coated, place them on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Lightly brush coated fries with olive oil once more, and bake for 15 minutes. Serve with marinara or vegan “Alfredo” sauce!