This Vegan Cashew Alfredo Sauce is my go-to for all types of pasta dishes. It’s incredibly rich and creamy- you absolutely won’t miss the dairy! I like to serve it over brown rice noodles with sautéed onions, mushrooms and spinach but it tastes great on pretty much everything so feel free to get creative!
Alfredo Sauce [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 cup cashews, soaked in water at least 2 hours
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 2 tablespoons gluten-free tamari
- 3-4 tablespoons water
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Drain and rinse cashews.
- Combine all ingredients, including cashews, together in a blender until completely smooth. Add water until desired thickness is reached.
- Warm in a small saucepot on stove and serve over pasta, rice or vegetables! Store in refrigerator for up to four days.